Snowboard wristguards and knee pads
Wrist and Knee Protection for Snowboarders: Essential Protection on the Piste
In snowboarding, wrist and knee injuries are common injuries, especially among beginners and experienced snowboarders who venture into challenging tricks and jumps. Wearing wrist and knee protection is therefore essential to protect yourself from shock and impact while snowboarding.
Why wrist and knee protection are important
Wrist and knee guards offer several important benefits for snowboarders:
- Protection from injury: Wrists and knees are vulnerable body parts while snowboarding, especially when you fall or unexpectedly hit an obstacle. Wrist wounds, bruises and sprained knees are common injuries that can be prevented with proper protection.
- Increased Confidence: Wearing wrist and knee pads can make you feel more confident, especially when challenging yourself with new tricks and jumps. With the knowledge that you are properly protected, you can fully focus on your snowboarding performance.
- Comfort: Modern wrist and knee pads are designed to be comfortable to wear and offer a snug fit that doesn't hinder your freedom of movement on the slopes.
- Suitable for all levels: Wrist and knee protection is not just for beginners. Even experienced snowboarders can benefit from extra protection, especially when venturing into challenging tricks and stunts.
Different types of wrist and knee protection
There are different types of wrist and knee guards available, each with their own features and levels of protection. Here are some common types:
- Wrist guards: Wrist guards consist of sturdy plastic shields that protect the wrists from impact and twisting during a fall.
- Knee guards: Knee guards are designed to protect knee joints from shock and impact. They usually feature shock-absorbing foam or gel padding.
- Combined wrist and knee guards: Some guards are designed as a combination of wrist and knee protection, which can be useful for snowboarders who like to go out with a complete protection set.
What to look for when buying wrist and knee protection
When choosing the right wrist and knee protection, there are some important factors to consider:
- Fit: Make sure the protectors fit snugly on your body without being too tight or too loose for comfortable movement.
- Material and padding: Check the material used and the thickness of the padding to ensure that the protectors provide adequate protection in the vulnerable areas.
- Ventilation: Choose protectors with good ventilation to prevent overheating during intense activities.
- Flexibility: Make sure the protectors are flexible enough not to hinder your freedom of movement.
Wrist and knee guards are essential forms of protection for snowboarders of all levels. By wearing the right protection, you reduce the risk of injury and increase your confidence on the slopes. When buying wrist and knee protection, it is important to pay attention to the fit, material, ventilation and flexibility to make sure you get the right protection that suits your snowboarding style.
Quickly check out our entire collection of snowboard protection